User-Generated Content Brings Authenticity to Brands
The average person wants to feel a real human connection.
Short for user-generated content, UGC is the term used to describe any form of content such as video, blogs, discussion form posts, digital images, audio files, and other forms of media that were created by consumers or end-users of an online system or service and is publically available to others consumers and end-users. User-generated content is also called consumer-generated media(CGM).
The 10 user-generated content stats that all marketers need to know in order to successfully work with brand influencers, improve brand loyalty, and increase eCommerce sales.
UGC and Brand Loyalty
- 92% of consumers turn to people they know for referrals above any other source.
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews written by other consumers as much as they trust recommendations from their personal contacts
- Word-of-mouth marketing generates more than twice the sales of paid advertising.
UGC and Brand Influencers
4. Influencer marketing is the fastest-growing channel for customer acquisition.
5. 82% of consumers said they were highly likely to follow a recommendation made by a micro-influencer.
6. 76% of marketers consider influencer engagement effective in garnering customer loyalty.
UGC and Millennials
7. 59% of millennials claim that they use UGC to inform their purchase decisions about major electronics. That’s followed by cars (54%), major appliances (53%), mobile phones (46%), hotels (45%), and travel plans (40%).
8. 65% of social media users from ages 18–24 evaluate information that is shared on social networks when making a purchasing decision.
9. Millennials (ages 25 and above) are the biggest content drivers — contributing over 70% of all UGC.
10. 68% of millennials say that user-generated content is generally a good indicator of the quality of a brand or service.